Employing domestic workers in the UAE is governed by the UAE Domestic Labour Law and the Federal Decree-Law No. 9 of 2022.
The laws establish the principle of informed consent, ensuring that workers know the employment contract for domestic workers UAE, the nature of work, the workplace, the remuneration and the period of daily and weekly rest.
This article will discuss the importance of an employment contract for domestic workers in the UAE and the obligations of employers, recruitment offices, and workers towards each other.
Table of Contents
Why is an employment contract for domestic workers UAE necessary?
An employment contract is a legal agreement between an employer and an employee that outlines the terms and conditions of their working relationship.
It is vital to have an employment contract for domestic workers in the UAE to protect their rights and ensure that both parties are aware of their obligations and entitlements.
The unified standard contract mandated by MoHRE standardizes the employment contract for domestic workers in the UAE, making it easier for both parties to understand their rights and obligations.
Obligations of the Employers towards Domestic Workers in the UAE.
Employers must obtain a valid license to hire domestic workers in the UAE and enter into an employment contract with the worker in accordance with the unified standard contract mandated by MoHRE.
The employer must provide the facilities needed for the worker to perform his/her duties effectively, appropriate accommodation, meals and clothing, timely payment of remuneration, medical care or health insurance, respect and safety, and compensation for work injuries and occupational diseases.
Obligations of the Recruitment Offices towards Domestic Workers in the UAE.
The recruitment office has obligations towards domestic workers, such as:
- Providing the worker with information regarding the type nature of the work required and the wage,
- Proving that the worker is physically, psychologically and professionally fit,
- Conducting the required medical examinations of the worker within no more than 30 days before his/her entry into the UAE,
- Educating them about the customs and traditions of the UAE’s society,
- Providing them decent equipped temporary accommodation,
- Treating them with respect, making them aware of their rights and directing them to the proper channels if their rights or freedom are violated,
- Providing the employer with any documentation that proves the worker’s wages payment.
The recruitment office must not demand or receive any commission or financial reward from the workers to bring them to work in the UAE or for carrying out the process to start working in the country.
Obligations of the Domestic Workers towards Employers in the UAE.
- Domestic workers are required to follow the obligations outlined in the employment contracts.
- These obligations include performing their duties under the employer’s supervision and in compliance with the provisions of the employment contract.
- Domestic workers must also maintain high care and diligence while performing their duties.
- They must refrain from absenteeism without valid reason and observe the customs and traditions of the UAE’s community.
- Additionally, domestic workers must comply with the employer’s instructions regarding completing the agreed work.
- They are also responsible for caring for and maintaining the items in their possession or disposing of them by following the necessary safekeeping procedures.
- Domestic workers must respect the privacy of the workplace and keep work tools/items inside the workplace and in their designated locations at all times.
- Finally, they must provide necessary aid and assistance in disasters and hazards threatening the workplace and its occupants.
Younis Mohammed Al Blooshi Labour Lawyer & Legal Consultant.
Younis Mohammed Al Blooshi is a well-known labour lawyer and legal consultant in the UAE specialising in employment contracts for domestic workers.
He has extensive experience in dealing with various labour cases and has helped many domestic workers in the UAE to protect their rights and obtain the compensation they deserve.
If you face any issues related to the employment contract for domestic workers in the UAE, Younis Mohammed Al Blooshi is the best lawyer to consult for legal advice and representation.
FAQs about the employment contract for domestic workers UAE.
In conclusion, an employment contract is essential for domestic workers in the UAE to ensure that their rights are protected and that both parties are aware of their obligations and entitlements.
Employers, recruitment offices, and workers have specific obligations towards each other, which must be followed to maintain a healthy working relationship.
Younis Mohammed Al Blooshi is a well-known labour lawyer and legal consultant who specializes in employment contract for domestic workers UAE cases and can provide you with the best legal advice and representation.
Contact the office of Younis Mohammed Al Blooshi via Whatsapp. Click here. Or visit us at our address: Sobha Ivory 1 – Al Amal St – Business Bay – Dubai. You can also call us on phone: 00971589984123.
A legal consultant specializing in UAE labor law. He regularly publishes articles on the website and writes on various areas of UAE law, with a specific focus on labor law.