Al Blooshi firm notes the common use of article 44 of UAE labour law in mutual terminations by employers. This article delves into UAE employment contracts, stressing the need to scrutinize terms carefully.
Table of Contents
Aِrticle 44 of UAE labour law.
Al Blooshi firm advises looking at the contract’s content before signing it.
Many times the mutual termination of employment in UAE can be agreed upon by both parties. Still, at the last second, the employer, for example, decides not to pay the employee what he earned based on their agreement.
- The worker submits forged documents or assumes a false identity.
- If the worker commits a mistake that results in a severe material loss to the employer or if the worker intends to damage the employer’s property and acknowledges that.
Provided the worker informs the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation within seven days of becoming aware of the accident.
- Violations of the instructions of the establishment’s internal system related to worker safety or of the workplace. Provided that these instructions are written and posted in a conspicuous place, and the worker has been made aware of them.
- If the employee fails to perform his essential duties according to the work contract and continues to violate them despite his written investigation for the same and twice warnings of dismissal, he may be dismissed.
- He discloses trade secrets of the establishment in which he works causes loss to the employer, or makes the employee lose an opportunity.
- If convicted of a crime against honour, trust, or public morals.
- In case of apparent intoxication or drug use during work hours; or if he violates public morals during work hours.
- Assaulting the employer, the responsible manager, a superior or a colleague at work, whether by words or deeds or in any other way, as an employee.
- During one year, if the worker is away for more than twenty intermittent days without a legitimate reason or for more than seven consecutive days.
- Personal gain illegally exploited by a worker.
- Despite the controls and procedures established in this regard, the employee joined another establishment.
Al Blooshi Law Office has many great and experienced lawyers who can help you with the mutual termination of employment UAE.
Whether you are an employee or employer or want someone to represent you at labour courts, the legal team of Al Balushi will ensure you will retrieve your lost rights.
Mutual termination agreement.
A mutual termination UAE agreement paper holds significant legal importance as it governs the cessation of a contractual relationship between two parties within the framework of the country’s legal system.
The agreement typically addresses key aspects such as the effective date of termination, the settlement of outstanding obligations, confidentiality provisions, and the resolution of any potential disputes.
It is essential for the parties involved to ensure that the terms outlined in the mutual termination in UAE agreement align with the applicable laws and regulations in the UAE to guarantee a smooth and legally sound conclusion to their business relationship.
Frequently asked questions about article 44 of UAE labour law.
In conclusion, mutual termination of employment in the UAE can be done smoothly if you trust the other party and read through the entire article 44 of UAE labour law.
Al Blooshi Labour Lawyer is dedicated to delivering the best outcome for your problem, so if you are having any trouble with labour law, please don’t hesitate to contact us or visit us at Al Blooshi Law Office.
Contact the office of Younis Mohammed Al Balushi via Whatsapp. Click here. or visit us at our address: Sobha Ivory 1 – Al Amal St – Business Bay – Dubai. You can also call us on phone: 00971589984123.
A legal consultant specializing in UAE labor law. He regularly publishes articles on the website and writes on various areas of UAE law, with a specific focus on labor law.